2012 has been a good year so far – I moved beyond my comfort zone emotionally, financially, and physically.
- I got married
- I lost 20 kg in less than 90 days, and dropped my body fat from 27% to 16%
- I quit my job, and started a new business
- I feel better
If you know me, I get very motivated by new challenge. It simply turns me on.
So now, I would like to take up a new challenge to end 2012 (isn’t this early) with winning habits. As you might already know, I love habits — a big big believer in building habits. They simply make life more organized, and effortless.
The purpose of this post, is to share what I’m doing with you, and because I love challenge, this announcement gonna motivate me to win.
Here is the challenge: In the next 90 days I will build the following habits:
- wake up 5:00 am
- drink 500 ml water
- pray, and ask for support
- exercise for 45 min
- eat healthy breakfast
- personal grooming: shower, brush teeth, floss, take care of my body… etc. I love doing visualization & affirmations while I’m having the shower
- work in my “super-productive zone” for 45 min
- write 3 goals for the day, and the rest of my to-dos
- work 5 hrs only to build my business (and take a short break every 2 hrs to drink water, and eat a small meal)
- 2:00 pm: leave my laptop @ the office, forward calls to the voice mail, switch off mobile phones (disconnect from work)
- eat healthy lunch with my wife before 3:00 PM
- have fun & excitement for 2-3 hrs (I have created a list of activities I enjoy)
- healthy dinner with a friend at 7:00 pm
- write a journal entry, a blog post (not business blogging)
- night grooming, and doing the visualization & affirmations again
- read nonfiction till I fall asleep (bed time is 10:00 pm)
A lot, huh?
I know! I have done +15 unsuccessful habits-building experiments. And the lists were longer than this one.
So that’s the challenge, to build the habits above in 90 days. I use MS-Excel tracking sheet to calculate success rate. 75% is the minimum acceptable rate.
On What Criteria I Choose my Habits?
Based on what I want to be, have, or do. But mostly on what I want to “be“. Because I believe once you become the person you want to be, life will move you to the next level to have or do what you want. At this time, I find myself looking for more energy (physically & emotionally), I want to be more centered & focused, also I wanna practice some emotional healing techniques that I’m learning now to even take my self-esteem & confidence to a new (more stable) level.
Updates will be on a new Twitter account created just for this experiment. Click here to follow my Tweets. And subscribe to comments below to participate in the discussion.