23 days passed since I announced my 90 days challenge to build new success habits.
Here is the update, the challenge was to build the following habits:
- wake up 5:00 am — always late, I usually leave bed 6:30 am
drink 500 ml water– done! pray, and ask for support– done!
- exercise for 45 min — not started yet, but currently I stopped using the lift, I use the stairs instead @ work/home.
- eat healthy breakfast — sill looking for a good diet I can follow easily
personal grooming: shower, brush teeth, floss, take care of my body… etc. I love doing visualization & affirmations while I’m having the shower– done! work in my “super-productive zone” for 45 min– done! write 3 goals for the day, and the rest of my to-dos– done!
- work 5 hrs only to build my business (and take a short break every 2 hrs to drink water, and eat a small meal) – not yet!
2:00 pm: leave my laptop @ the office, forward calls to the voice mail, switch off mobile phones (disconnect from work)– done!
- eat healthy lunch with my wife before 3:00 PM – sill looking for a good diet I can follow easily
have fun & excitement for 2-3 hrs (I have created a list of activities I enjoy)– done!
- healthy dinner with a friend at 7:00 pm – I eat dinner with friends, but not following any specific diet yet.
- write a journal entry, a blog post (not business blogging) – not started yet, but I did it occasionally to clear my head.
- night grooming, and doing the visualization & affirmations again – not started yet
- read nonfiction till I fall asleep (bed time is 10:00 pm) – not started yet
- It’s the best personal-development experiment I have ever done! I can now feel more control over my day. Things are more “predictable” than before. The sense of extra certainty is comforting.
- All I had to do was to stay in high level of awareness most of the day.
- When you build habits, you need to say “no” to the “default” emotional/physical/mental responses. Be aware, and choose the right action, which is mostly the new habit you’re trying to form.
- To be able to choose, you need energy (will-power). So being in a good state of energy will help you follow through.
- The best way to allocate the needed energy, is to stop the current energy-leeches.
- Don’t start more than 1 new habit per week!
- When you feel stressed or worried. Try writing. You simply are losing perspective. Clear your head, go for a walk, then write and solve problems. Don’t walk around carrying emotional baggage you don’t need.
That’s it for today’s post.
Tomorrow, I’ll review a new diet plan, and will start the new eating habits sometime this week. And I’ll adjust my strategies to be able to leave bed @ 5:00 AM with a good energy level.
Till next post, live well